COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
Arctic Divide Lodge: COVID Safety Plan
January 1, 2021
This guide was prepared based on BC regulation and suggestions as it pertains to safety precautions in relation to COVID 19
The safety representative for Arctic Divide Lodge is Thea Mehnert
- Sanitization stations provided in lobby and 3-layer masks. Masks are required in all indoor areas (except guest rooms) at all times per BC Health Regulations.
- Check-in area and POS to be cleaned after every use. Sanitize entrance door handles every hour during business hours.
- Cash use is suspended until further notice. Payment by card is mandatory.
- Contactless check-in is available by contacting Arctic Divide Lodge at 250-771-3119 or info(at)arcticdivide.ca ahead of arrival to make arrangements.
- Guests are to be made aware that no entry into the buildings are permitted if they have been outside the country or been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual or showing symptoms. Contactless check-in is mandatory in these cases and guests will be assigned to an outside motel room rather than an indoor lodge room to minimize exposure to other guests and staff. There are designated rooms set aside for COVID-19 purposes.
- Staff are to self-monitor for latest BC Health Guidelines symptoms and self isolate if they display any for 14 days and not be at work.
Room Service Changes
- Entering the rooms by staff for room service is suspended. Guests are made aware that they can contact the phone desk to minimize exposure by dialing 0 on the in-room phones. Supplies and clean sheets will be delivered to the rooms but no staff are to enter the rooms during the guest’s occupancy.
- Upon check-out, no cleaning staff are to enter the room and the room is to quarantine for a total of 24 hours. The quarantine is to allow all surfaces time for COVID-19 to pass and air in the room to circulate.
- In the event of an exception of the 24-hour quarantine rule due to high occupancy, staff must first wait 3 hours for air to circulate, then must remove all guest items, laundry and place them in a designated location in the laundry room for washing or disposal. Extra sanitization of all surfaces is to be performed where touch/contact has been made. Management is to be the point of contact for exceptions and be responsible for cleaning such rooms.
- Breakfast program is permanently suspended. Coffee and tea station is still provided in the lobby but guests are informed to sanitize before use. Non-reusable items are to be minimized and dishwashed in high temperatures for sanitization.
- Non-essential items and extra flair is to be minimized in the room to limit the number of contact points.
Any COVID-19 related concerns or questions can be directed to the safety officer by email to info(at)arcticdivide.ca or by phone at 250-771-3119. We look forward to welcoming all guests in a safe manner and supporting essential travel.